Do you enjoy the company of children? Can you provide children with “nurturing care and learning in your own home”? Then we would love to talk to you about becoming an Educator with Amana Family Day Care.
Some of the advantages to becoming an Educator are:
- Choosing the work hours that suit you and your family.
- The ability to stay at home with your own children.
- Being a positive role model to both children and their family.
- Providing a quality professional service to the community.
Start up Costs
As with any small business, there are a number of costs that you will need to outlay before you are able to open your business. Some start up costs may include; any changes to your home to meet safety standards; equipment and materials; registration costs and training requirements.
Educators set their own fees and therefore the amount you can earn as an Educator depends on the hours you can work and your hourly rate. Family Day Care Educators can provide a vareity of care types, for example, regular child care hours, early mornings, school age care, evening care and weekend care.
What we will expect from you
If we were to write a job description for Educators it would go something like this:
- be responsive to children and their needs
- be warm, fun and joyful with children
- be able to promote each child’s health & safety
- be able to provide a safe, clean & well maintained care environment
- be able to have respectful, supportive relationships with children, families and the Amana staff
- Have excellent communication skills.
- be physically and emotionally able to care for young children
- be able to plan and provide play-based learning experiences for children
- be able to respond appropriately in an emergency
- have a positive approach to behaviour guidance
- have knowledge of nutrition, health & safety
- be able to work within guidelines, regulations, policies & procedures
- Professional and ethical disposition
- professional qualification (minimum of cert 3)
- willing to undertake regular professional development (covering a variety of key areas).
What you can expect from us
- Support right from the initial phone call
- Thorough induction and training program
- Ongoing support with regular visits to your home
- Administration support
- Regular professional development training opportunities
- FREE Toy Library – we have a well stocked toy library from which you are able to borrow equipment & toys.
- Regular communication (e.g. Newsletters, Policies, current information on a variety of topics, National Quality Standards, Regulations etc)
- Paperless software program
Please contact us to book an information meeting in your home.